Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Onto the formalities.


So I guess I ought to share with everyone the purpose of this blog. It's mostly a form of therapy. Sometimes you just need to hear yourself think (my wife would suggest I do this plenty, le sigh*). So maybe it would be more appropriate to say “sometimes YOU need to hear ME think”, heh. So in this blog I will be rambling in an attempt to draw correlations between World of Warcraft and how we live In Real Life. This is not saying that we should live our lives according to WoW, please *eye-roll*. Rather, this blog will be a collection of my own observations on the affects WoW and IRL have on each other. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly…and sometimes pretty. Please feel free to let me know what you think as I take you on this guided tour…and on your left you’ll notice…

(quick poll question: Do you find your self reading this with the "comic book guy" voice? that pic is totally messing with my head)

About me: Top 5 (tribute to High Fidelity)
1. I am a person with a life. Promise. This is in no way intended to be a statement of offense to any one person or group of peoples. It is merely a statement of fact. I am married, involved in my church and community, have an array of friends and social obligations, and work 40+hr/week.

2. I am a paladin. AND. I. LOVE. IT!!! Total of 5 pallys across 3 realms. Main as of this date is Level 77 (protection). I roll other classes too, just none of them seem to make it past 20 (warrior, priest, hunter, rogue, shaman, death knight [got him to lvl 58 then stuck him in StormWind and made him a tailor]). Paladins: 77, 40, 21, 9, 5, and likely more to come. I confess to my Paladiction.

3. My faith did influence my rolling a pally. “ You mean your gonna let me wield the Wrath of God!?! SWEET!!!” Note* wielding “holy power” IRL does not entail smashing people in the face with a hammer…or a Bible. Jesus calls me to a life of faith, hope, love, service and generosity. He did NOT appoint me judge…although in game it is awesome…and colorful, yay!

4. I do my best to follow this formula when conflicts arise: IRL > WoW. Always.

5. In a group setting I will play the clown. I grew up in an erratically tense environment and feel the need to avoid/alleviate those situations as much as possible. One-on-one or by myself I am quite introspective. I like to pose the “big” questions, doesn’t mean I always like to answer them. I also like to read Dilbert.

'til next time,
- L -

No comments:

Post a Comment